Duties of a manager
• To ensure that the records concerned to information are related to the compensation of all the employees, health insurance and their background information is properly maintained.
• To supervise the work of the whole department which the manager is heading. Handling the issues pertinent to different recruits of the business spread across wide range of departments.
• Plan, organize and coordinate, manage and control the training, personnel and labor relation activities of a particular department of which a person is the head in the organization.
• To perform the process of recruitment to get more employees engaged by contacting the placement agencies and the employment services and also take care of the kind of job profile they are being assigned.
• Providing a legal representative service for economic and essential documents.
In order to get the job of a manager in a well known firm, certain educational qualifications need to be fulfilled by a person.
• A degree of masters in engineering, arts or finance; whatever may be the relevant field, from a renowned college.
• An MBA (masters of business administration) degree with a specialization in any particular subject proves to be an additional benefit for an aspiring manager.
• If a person is a CA or a chartered accountant, it helps to learn the basic principles of accountancy.
• Other degrees include CFA, CS, MA, M.Com and other pertinent professional qualifications.
Certification and training
There are many certifications as well as training courses for managers. These courses are short term and endow practical and theoretical guidance which can be acquired on different topics.
• Course of chartered accountant
• Course of company secretary
• Course of time management
• Course of anger management
• Risk management
• Human resources training
• Communication skills development
The salary that a manager receives is fairly good although it is different in separate organizations. A person may not be offered the job of a manager just at the commencement of his career. One is likely to be appointed as a manager only after enough experience is gained.
• Beginner with an experience of 0 to 1 years
Annual salary of $47,815
• Professional with an experience of 2 to 3 years
Annual salary of $45,326
• Manager professional with an experience of 5 years and above
Annual salary of $52,878
Managers are required in each and every department of all the companies. Thus, in the near future, one can surely expect scores of managerial jobs available in this industry as additional responsibilities are allocated to them.