Landover, MD, United States
May 03, 2021
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to provide industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit ****or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position Title: Manager II Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Position Location: Salisbury, NC, Scarborough, ME, Carlisle, PA, Quincy, MA, Chicago, IL, Landover, MD
This role evaluates, develops, analyzes and monitors diversity programs and initiatives that foster a spirit of inclusion and engagement across the organization. The incumbent works closely HR and business leadership to provide insight, resources, tools and action planning support to advance diversity goals within the context of strategic talent management and business objectives.
1. Strategic initiative leadership
Provides leadership to strategic diversity & inclusion initiatives, while ensuring that diversity & inclusion is embedded in HR.
• Ensures consistency between diversity policies and practice; that there are open opportunities leading to upward mobility for all Associates and that the environment of the Company fosters inclusion through effective policies/procedures, processes, systems and behaviors.
• Ensures that diversity is a component in business programs and activities such as: staffing, college/MBA recruitment, onboarding, training, selection and assessment so as to promote the company's goal of a work environment that is inclusive and diverse
• Provides direction and input in the development and/or enhancement of new and existing company policies/procedures, practices, systems and department specific inclusion training gaps relative to the workforce, management leadership, vendors and customers.
• Collaborates with teams to integrate diversity and inclusion into broader HR initiatives
2. Collaborative partnerships and programming
Manages internal and external partnerships to advance diversity goals.
• Provides leadership and best-practice governance to diversity programs and initiatives that include but are not limited to: Business Resource Groups; Diversity Leadership Council(s); Diversity Communications Planning; Diversity & Inclusion Training Programs.
• Provides proactive educational programs to support the company's commitment to diversity & inclusion.
3. Benchmarking & Metrics
Monitors industry developments, evaluates emerging trends, and conducts benchmark comparisons; develops D&I metrics
• Contributes to the achievement of the company's global diversity & inclusion objectives through the continued development of an overarching diversity strategy with demonstrable and measurable results that support the company's business goals and objectives.
• Builds and maintains systems to track, measure, and report on diversity initiatives and programs.
• Utilizes data to determine opportunities and identify barriers to the success of diversity strategies.
• Establishes diversity and inclusion targets/objectives, as well as clear, credible, reporting against these objectives to keep executives informed about diversity progress.
Develop, facilitate, and monitor relationships that build and enhance the company’s role as a good corporate citizen.
• Manage relationships with external diverse organizations, constituencies, and alliances that are significant to the Company’s global diversity goals.
• Cultivate collaborative internal relationships within business units .
•Use culture as the new structure. Place culture at the heart of all we do
•Foster a culture of lifelong learning and shared responsibility. Shape and foster a purpose-driven, values-based culture
•Engage and pro-actively support all associates
•Proactively manage diversity in alignment with business growth
•Embed D&I into concrete steps in culture and process
•Use data analytics rigorously to measure diversity and assess inclusion
•Use technology and data to drive the business decision making, developing and feeding human capital metrics
•Create external reporting on the value of and value added by human capital, mapping to rewards, compensation, benefits & incentives
•Include all forms of internal and external human capital within the organization’s metrics
•Create a human-centric, holistic and purposeful employee experience
•Align the employee experience with an agile operating model
•Unlock the learning mix that is right for the organization, leveraging design thinking methodologies
•Identify, activate and measure capabilities and career pathways throughout our organization
•Design and implement performance and reward systems that motivate and inspire our people
•Rethink and invest in employee well-being, leveraging health and safety standards
Consulting & Advising:
•Combine operational and business acumen, technology awareness and people management skills
•Embrace, explain and navigate through ambiguity
•Engage with stakeholders and knowledge sources beyond the internal organization
Experience 10 years
Skills • Specific experience developing and leading diversity & inclusion initiatives
• Strong oral and written communication
• Strategic planning
• Project management
• Customer focus
• Attention to detail
Capabilities (definitions below)
• Culture shaping
• Inclusion Fostering
• Analytical Thinking
• Experience Creation
• Talent Culitivation
• Consulting & Advising